RN to BSN- Admissions
Those applicants who hold an RN license in Illinois and wish to pursue a bachelor degree should follow the following procedure.
How to Apply
An application will be considered for admission if the following are on file by the deadline date. To apply, download, complete and return the application form along with the following:
- An application for admission with appropriate fee
- RN license in the state in which clinical experiences are performed
- Submit an essay using these guidelines:
Essay will be reviewed both for content and proficiency in written communication and is limited to 500 words. Please include your name on the essay, print it and submit by mail with your application. Please review the Saint Anthony College of Nursing Mission and answer the following in your essay:
Saint Anthony College of Nursing Mission
The Mission of Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a private, Catholic college, is to provide quality undergraduate and graduate nursing education. This education, grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, is provided in an environment that encourages open inquiry and lifelong learning in order to serve persons with the greatest care and love.
- How have you lived the Mission through community service?
- How will you continue the Mission as a nurse in the future?
- Three acceptable professional letters of recommendation. (Forms will be supplied to the applicant upon receipt of the application for admission).
- Any other required academic verification.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing: ADN/AAS degree with a minimum of "C" grade in all courses used for transfer from a regionally accredited college or university. General Education courses may be taken while enrolled in the RN to BSN curriculum, but must be completed before graduation. Transcripts may be submitted to:
Saint Anthony College of Nursing
5658 East State Street
Rockford, IL 61108-2468
Students are encouraged to submit official transcripts of all previous college or university course work at the time of application. No grade below a "C" may be transferred.
RN to BSN applicants who have supplied all of the needed documentation will be reviewed at the next regularly scheduled Undergraduate Admission and Progression Committee meeting.
Students requesting a delay of their application to a future semester must submit a written request to the Student Affairs Office specifying the future semester.
Decisions regarding the acceptance of each applicant are made by the Undergraduate Admission & Progression Committee based upon the fulfillment of admission requirements. Saint Anthony College of Nursing conducts its program and implements policies on a non-discriminatory basis with respect to race, age, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, status upon military discharge, disability or handicap, and creed.