- Saint Anthony Medical Center Careers
- After College Health Care
- Campus RN
- College Job Bank
- Department of Veteran's Affairs
- Nursing Career Center
- PA/NP Jobs Network
- Dependable Nursing Home Health Services
Since its founding in 1967, Rockford Orthopedic has grown dynamically to become one of the leading bone and joint centers in northern Illinois. Our university-quality care delivery is founded on a one-stop, multi-specialty philosophy. We are looking for several NPs for our Rheumatology Department in our Rockford, IL office.
2 years experience in outpatient clinic in orthopedics or rheumatology
General Description of the Job Class - Augment a physician's ability to provide medical services to patients and provide medical services to patients independently; collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provide direct patient care services in rheumatology.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the date in the patient's record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtain psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient's progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Review the work of lower rated employees; train new personnel.
Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program. State of IL. licensure is also required.
Work requires no previous experience; however a minimum of 2 years’ experience in outpatient clinic in orthopedics or rheumatology OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE is strongly preferred.
Kara Gamlin, PHR
Human Resources Generalist
Rockford Orthopedic Associates, LTD.
5875 E Riverside Blvd.
Rockford, IL 61114