Mission, Vision & Values
The Mission of Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a private Catholic college, is to provide quality nursing and health care education in an environment that encourages open inquiry and lifelong learning, and to serve all persons with the greatest care and love.
Leaders in Nursing and Health Care Education, Practice, and Service
- JUSTICE: Personal worth and dignity of every person we serve regardless of race, color, religion and ability to pay
- COMPASSION: Caring response to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the people we serve
- INTEGRITY: Decision-making based on Catholic ethical principles and Catholic social teachings in every activity of the system
- TEAMWORK: Collaboration with each other, with physicians, and with other providers to deliver comprehensive, integrated and quality health care
- EMPLOYEE WELL-BEING: Concern for the physical, spiritual, emotional and economic well-being of employees
- SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT: Quality work environments which focus on comprehensive, integrated quality service and opportunities for employee growth
- TRUST: Open and honest communication to foster trust relationships among ourselves and with those we serve
- STEWARDSHIP: Responsible stewardship of the financial, human and technological resources of the system
- LEADERSHIP: Leadership in the health field and in the communities we serve
- TEACHING/MENTORING: Provision of educational content in a course of study including classroom, online, laboratory, and clinical instruction, including use of different pedagogies to facilitate student critical thinking and learning.
- SCHOLARSHIP/RESEARCH: A spirit of inquiry that leads to the development and dissemination of new knowledge.
- SERVICE/PRACTICE: Activities included within the parameters of the Nurse Practice Act and extend to the maximum development and practice of the role.